Monday 9 March 2015

Brane Games - What color is the dress??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apmDI1iZUm4
So yeah, what colour is the dress? When I first saw the dress I said: "Well, the dress is blue and white, isn´t it?!" My friend answered: "Are you kidding me? Sure it is." We were pretty confused when we learnt other people seeing different colours and thought it was all a joke. But when the dress turned white and gold for me I honestly was scared because my friend insisted it was still black and blue. We all know every celebrity is talking about the dress mystery as well as....
Ryan Higa from Nigahiga. (Here is a post I wrote about Nigahiga - click if you want to read it) Although the mystery is already solved it is still interesting what Ryan thinks what colour the dress is. As he says in the comments:"Here is the REAL answer to give to people when they ask you the question: what colour is the dress". 
Before you read on to find out what I think of the video please watch the video because the blog will be full of spoilers! 


 


Did you watch it?? It is hilarious, isn´t it?! I mean first of all it is so much work to get 2 Ryans on 1 screen, RHPC surely are editing pros. And that is what I love about Nigahigas´ videos: they spend a lot of time and effort into every single video, so it is every time a new funny experience - you never know what to expect.  
Brane Games is my favourite 2015 made video so far, the TV-show-like-style is a great alternation to other videos and the spelling/pronouncing joke is brilliant. I´m sure you noticed him spelling "brane" wrong and pronouncing "games" differently. My comment to that: clever way to avoid copyright problems, because a show named "Brain games" exists -I have never watched it- but it shall be about the human brain and its miracles. So this video is definitely using a satire about the show to answer the current and well-known question: what colour is the dress? 
I especially like that as a viewer I am directly prompted to participate like in math psychic, or train massacre. In particular the first exercise blowed our minds, didn´t it?! After choosing the number 3, beeing surprised about the success, laughing about Ryan suddenly having 6 fingers, I needed to try the trick out with some other number. All of them worked!! I tried to figure out how it works and concluded that it actually isn´t that difficult. Adding 5, substracting 1 and adding 2 equals 6. That means no matter which number you choose you will get a 6 because you substract the choosen number from the choosen number and the 6 stays....does this make sense? Sorry, for my bad explanaition. Well, however I was hell confused about that simple but genius math task. 
The other two exercises train massacre and what do you see on the screen are clearly as tricky and mean as the first one. There is like no probability that anyone gets it right. I mean I hope you were as confused as I was, but at least we are not alone. Ryan apparently feels outsmarted and stupefied, too, he seems annoyed and tries desperately to answer at least something correctly. At last I was asking myself what is the point, why do you ask that, it doens´t make any sense, what is the lesseon? 
But as always when everything seems to escalate and end in confusion, the video which seems to have no structure and be totally random is solved (at 5:37). We can see how the warming ups are supposed to lead Ryan and us to the main point which is that no one cares. The video ends with a joke that is a proverb as a pun.....So now you are on the right track. 


Thank you a lot for reading. Please subscribe and like.
Your Mary 
I know it is pretty frustrating that we don´t come to know what colour Ryan sees, but you know what? -who cares ;)

Click here to read another post about Ryan 


 

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the post.. parents are worlds best person in each lives of individual..they need or must succeed to sustain needs of the family. diablo 3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Extraordinary work you folks are doing with this webpage. click here

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. therefore, I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. cheap printing

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah bookmaking this wasn’t a speculative decision great post! . https://www.buyyoutubeviewsindia.in/youtube-marketing/

    ReplyDelete

Let´s talk