Friday 19 June 2015

30 days without sugar



I love eating and connected with that I love to eat sweets, like chocolate, ice scream, cake, cupcakes, smoothies, gummy bears - just to name  a few. 
But still I decided - together with a friend - to forego added  sugar for 30 days. 




If you like spending time on YouTube you have probably already heard of BuzzFeed videos. They are really good made, entertaining and mostly short videos. I enjoy watching them a lot. 
So one afternoon I came across a BuzzFeed video called "30 days of sugar". The title interested me because I always wondered how it was to give up something material you like, for example junk food, Internet or like in this case sugar. 
Therefore I watched the video and was impressed what the three "sugar addicts" went through, what the results of the challenge were. So I decided to take the challenge as well and try living a month without added sugar. 
I didn´t have a particular goal, I was just curious and wanted to find out if something would change with my mood.


One week in
Well, let me tell you, the first week was tough. On the kitchen counter there was chocolate, a friend offered me sweets, I wanted to eat cereals with milk, in the fridge there was juice, the bakery sold so many yummy products...sweet products. And I could not have any of those! 
Especially the weekend was depressing, when the family eats kitkats, Haribos and pringles, while you nibble a carrot. It is hard to resist, I seriously just want to grab that chocolate bar and stuff it into my mouth.


Halfway Point
Now, that half of the time is mastered, it is actually not that bad. I feel like I don´t need the sugar as much as I thought. Although I miss it, no doubt.
Scrolling through pictures of sweets, chocolates, cakes on Pinterest (click here to follow me ^^) helps me to be satisfied and not wanting to eat sweets. I know this behaviour is probably kinda weird. But whatever the first week including the first weekend were the hardest, after holding on and not giving up, I promise it gets better and better.


Last Day 
The last day was not special at all. I wasn´t relieved, notably happy or something that the month was over. I simpy felt healthier, nicer, less dependent on sugar and I was proud that I could/can say no to sugar. 
Even a few days later I haven´t eaten anything sweet and now after the challenge my goal is to keep the amount of sugar I eat low. I recommend everyone to take this challenge who wants to take control over his sugar addiction and live healthier. 


I hoped you enjoyed the post. Please like if you did and subscribe (to the free newsletter which will inform you about new posts). Feel free to ask me any questions in the comments.



Have a nice day. Mary ( ^_^)/~~~ are you new to my blog? Read my first post  to find out why I started and what this blog is about.



Do you like baking?? Here is a recipe for low sugar, classy marmalade cookies 

   

4 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of us that we conquered this challenge! But I'm so happy to have back my chocolate... :p By the way I love your blog <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, definetely!! ^^ I still can´t imagine a life without chocolate. and thank you ~~~ i love your blog, too!
      We need to go to concerts together again!

      Delete
  2. Fun experiment! And so good that you were able to get through it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I was kinda surprised myself! Thank you for supporting :) I really appreciate it

      Delete

Let´s talk