Friday 17 July 2015

Disney Musicals



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yPfmRoSfpA
Do you like musicals? Because I really do and today I want to introduce you to an amazing YouTube channel called AVbyte, owned by the brothers Antonius and Vijay.

I don´t just tell you that they have a gift for what they do and their videos are great, it is the truth! – However, I have picked the 3 (in my opinion) best Disney related musicals….here they are




Before I start I need to mention that the singers have awesome voices. I wish I could sing like that, but sadly I am not gifted with that talent. What makes the videos more unique is also the humor including patter and puns. I love those, they make me chuckle again and again. I believe every single video is like your very own and private musical you can enjoy at home (or whereever you are) and that is so cool! 
But I have said enough now, let´s finally start.


 3. On the third place I ranked a musical called “Hipster Disney Princess”.
As you can tell from the title the musical is about Hipster Disney princesses or to put it in another way it is about Snow White, Ariel, Cinderella and Belle "reveal[ing]  their inner Hipsters! They're so unique, that they're all the same!" - description box .
Especially awesome is, that the setting is outside in the public at Times Square. Not to forget the costumes, which are incredible and hand made. The princesses weare outfits that suit their character perfectly. 
I also love the transmission of the old princesses into the modern world which is supported by the setting as well. 

Lastly here are some quotes of the princesses: 
Snow White: "I talked to birds way before twitter" 
Ariel: "Love eating sushi" -> Belle: "That´s ironic" 



2. The second is "Disney villains - The Musical feat. Maleficient.
So, this musical is not about princesses but villains which make this video unique. The Queen from Snow white, Ursula from Arielle, Cruella de Vil from 101 dalmatines and Maleficient sing this song. They explain why they did what they did in the Disney movies and also the intentions of their actions. Honestly, after watching I felt sad for the villains and for me their arguments were understandable and made sense. This is why I totally enjoyed this musical, the different point of view is very interesting and worth watching! 

Quotes of the villains: 
Cruella de Vil: “Yes I am a slave to fashion, my favorite passion. My motives are good and pure.”        
Maleficient: “I was forced to act when my Kingdom was attacked.” 

 


1. The first place is awarded to “Frozen – a musical feat. Disney princesses”. 
The protagonist is as you might guess Elsa from frozen; she conveys strength and independence as a woman which is why this musical is the first. I believe frozen is special because true love in this story is contrary to other Disney stories between two sisters. Additionally the message Elsa delivers is great; she says that woman can be a hero, too, they don´t need a man.

I agree that you don´t need a man to be happy and live a fulfilled life and in my opinion it is also great to find love (I just want to say that you should not build your happiness on whether you have a man or not)


Quote of Elsa: "I am who I am. I don´t need a man.”




Thank you a lot for reading! What do you think about the videos and the concept of little musicals? Let me know in the comments and also like if you did. 

Here is the link to AVbyte.
They have many other amazing videos: "How to get a boyfriend",
Fandoms - The Musical feat. The Hobbit, Star Wars, Hunger Games

Lastly, subscribe if you want to get a email notification about my next post. It´s free by the way. 

Thank you again and have a wonderful day 
Your Mary v(^_^v)

2 comments:

  1. I liked all three. My favorite out of the three has to be the villains one! Thanks for sharing and posting! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that one is cool, isn´t it?!
      Thank you for commenting!! I really appreciate it ^^ have a great weekend

      Delete

Let´s talk